RS21 – Keelboat Sailing the RS Way
The RS21 responds to the need for a progressive, simple and affordable solution for keelboat clubs that increasingly see the opportunity for fleet ownership, league competition and training. Pay-as-you-go. Team up and do it together. The RS21 is specifically designed for fleet purchase, with attributes that will appeal to individual buyers as well.
It puts close racing over ultimate performance. Convenient ownership over complexity. It maximizes low maintenance. Comfortable ergonomics. Value. And pure sailing enjoyment. This is the boat to bring wider availability and popularity back to keelboat racing. RS Sailing’s sustainability focus has actively influenced the design, resulting in a boat built from eco-friendly materials, with multiple environmental attributes. It marks significant progress over previous generations.
Produced by the world’s leading small sailboat brand, the RS21 is high quality and a sound financial proposition. Realistic costs allow appealing club charter fees – or affordable investment by syndicates of sailing friends. The RS21 is a safe purchase and assured of success.
The One-Design RS21 has an IRC rating of 0.949.
- Progressive design for simple and affordable club & syndicate ownership
- Balanced, quick and enjoyable sailing as a team
- Evenly matched, close racing prioritized over ultimate performance
- Lifting bulb keel – encapsulated in GRP skins
- Large open cockpit with comfortable space for four crew and more
- Open transom for rapid draining
- Centre mainsheet can be trimmed by helm or crew
- Kick bars give ergonomic and secure positions for all crew
- No-hiking rule aids racing enjoyment, communication and widens strategic input
- Carbon composite mast reduces weight aloft to improves handling
- Light weight and pivoting heel make the mast easy to raise by hand
- Durable aluminium alloy boom
- Carbon composite bowsprit
- Simple layout with clearly understandable controls
- Large gennaker bag for efficient hoists / drops
DO YOU WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For pricing, specifications and feature details please head to the RS Sailing website.